Monday, July 18, 2011

Please don't take my geek card away...

I used to do the blogging thing and I left it for a long time as I had nothing to say and was not inspired. Well, I am back to try again. This time, I plan on not taking myself too seriously.

That said, I ask that you not take away my geek card for what I am about to say.

Until last week, I had never seen a single episode of "Firefly." I have never seen "Serenity." I have now seen four episodes; I love it and can't understand why it got cancelled after an incomplete season. I know there are five thousand sites I could go to to find a diatribe as to why and frankly, I don't want to. I can at least know that in this instance it is not because I found a show to watch that I actually like. I feel like I am the death nail for some of my favorite shows. That or maybe I just happen to like shows that are cleaver and well written which just don't resonate with the reality TV show crowd who seem to drive the ratings...

I am watching "Firefly" in the order it was intended to be watched in instead of the order that Fox aired it in. By the episode titled "Shindig," I looked over at the DH and and asked him if he thought all the episodes would all start out in a bar and a bar fight. He just looked at me and said, "Probably. It's like D & D, you always start out in a tavern to regroup, get resources and a job and then it's off you go. The crew starts out in a bar to steal some resources, blow off some steam, regroup and find the lowlifes who have a job for them"

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that most of the games I ever played in over the years started in a tavern. This should be interesting to see if his theory is right.

No comments: